We are pleased to introduce our new journal, Virulence. Virulence is an international peer-reviewed journal that focuses on microbial pathogenicity, the infection process and host-pathogen interactions. To address new infectious challenges, emerging infectious agents and antimicrobial resistance, there is a clear need for interdisciplinary research and a publication that brings together scientists and clinical researchers that work on the "pathogen," the "host" or the "antimicrobial agents."
Journal topics include:
- Microbial pathogenicity—viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites
- Molecular and biological function of established and novel virulence factors
- Identification, development and study of antimicrobial agents
- Host-pathogen and pathogen-pathogen interactions
- Host response to infection and immune responses to inhibitors, toxins, and other virulence factors
- Mammalian and invertebrate model organisms and hosts
- Clinical trials evaluating all aspects of the infection process
- Research on bio-terrorism agents
- Vaccine development and evaluation
- Diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Infections in resource-limited settings
Virulence publishes four general types of papers: 1) Original Research, 2) Reviews, 3) Protocols and 4) Article Addenda. Original Research papers cover important topics related to all aspects of virulence. Reviews take several forms and are generally invited. Protocols give experts in the field the opportunity to provide technical updates. Addenda are usually invited and provide a short summary of the most significant recent papers with additional insights and new interpretations or speculations.
Virulence utilizes an online submission and tracking system designed to provide better, more efficient service to authors: http://virulence.msubmit.net
Please review our submission guidelines:www.landesbioscience.com/journals/virulence/guidelines
Presubmission inquiries are encouraged and may be sent to the Editor-In-Chief,Eleftherios Mylonakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Acquisitions Editor, Eva M. Riedmann (email@example.com).