William S.C. Chao
Dr. Chao is President Elect of the World Organization of Digestive Endoscopy, President of the Asian-Pacific Society for Digestive Endoscopy, and President of the Hong Kong Chinese Medical Association. Up to 2006, Prof. Chao is honorary professor of 30 universities worldwide.
Dr. Li is President of the Chinese Society of Digestive Endoscopy and the head of department of gastroenterology in Changhai Hospital. Prof. Li has published approximately 80 peer reviewed publications in the area of interventional gastroenterology. He is a pioneer of gastrointestinal endoscopy in China.
Scientific Managing Editor
Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
Landes Bioscience , Shanghai, China
- Ronan Cahill
- Dean W. Felsher
- Yong-Song Guan
- Bing Hu
- Dong Ki Lee
- Joseph Leung
- Yan Qing Li
- Hisao Tajiri
- Harry Hua Xiang Xia
- Kenjiro Yasuda
- Qi Zhu
Call for Papers
In July of 2010 we plan to launch Journal of Interventional Gastroenterology (JIG)
, the first international peer-reviewed journal of its kind to focus exclusively on interventional procedures, including endoscopy, radiology and ultrasonography, used in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive diseases.
We believe this is an excellent time to start this journal for several reasons:
- • GI interventions, including endoscopic, radiological and ultrasonic interventions were widely used in digestive diseases;
- • Studies on GI intervention increase rapidly;
- • More and more articles on GI intervention were published every year;
- • Although there are more than 60 international journals of gastroenterology and hepatology all around the world, there are only three journals focused GI intervention (mainly endoscopy): Gastrointestinal Endoscopy in USA, Endoscopy in Germany, and Digestive Endoscopy in Japan.
JIG will publish broadly three general types of papers:
- • Original Articles
- • Reviews (narrative and evidence-based)
- • Case Reports
- • Images of GI intervention
- • Letters to the Editor
- • Commentaries and opinions
Original papers will cover topics important in the field, including endoscopy, radiology and ultrasonography, used in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of digestive diseases. Suggestions for other appropriate topics will be welcome. We realize new developments in methodology and techniques are an important resource for the research community. Therefore, a section of the journal will allow the latest developments in endoscopy, radiology, and ultrasonography. Reviews will take several forms (narrative and evidence-based) and will generally be invited. We would like to invite an editorial board member to write an editorial review for each issue on their field of expertise. Occasionally issues or supplementary issues will cover international conferences specifically dedicated to the latest finding in the field of Interventional Gastroenterology.
Each issue of JIG will be published in print and online each quarter. Submissions and peer review will be rapid and handled online. Submit your manuscript now: http://www.edmgr.com/jig/