About this Book
DNA Repair and Human Disease highlights the molecular complexities of a few well-known human hereditary disorders that arise due to perturbations in the fidelity of diverse DNA repair machineries.
Table of Contents
1. Human Premature Aging Disorders and Dysfunction of DNA Repair
Byungchan Ahn and Vilhelm A. Bohr
2. DNA Repair Aspects for RecQ Helicase Disorders
3. Trichothiodystrophy: A Disorder Highlighting the Crosstalk between DNA Repair and Transcription
4. Roles of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 Breast Cancer Susceptibility Proteins in DNA Repair
Katrin Gudmundsdottir, Emily Witt and Alan Ashworth
5. Radiosensitivity of Cells Derived from Down Syndrome Patients: Is Defective DNA Repair Involved?
Adayapalam T. Natarajan
6. The Fanconi Anemia/BRCA Pathway: FANCD2 at the Crossroad between Repair and Checkpoint Responses to DNA Damage
Massimo Bogliolo and Jordi Surrallés
7. Is Ataxia Telangiectasia a Result of Impaired Coordination between DNA Repair and Cell Cycle Checkpoint Regulators?
Adayabalam S. Balajee and Charles R. Geard
8. Mechanisms of DNA Damage and Repair in Alzheimer Disease
V. Prakash Reddy, George Perry, Marcus S. Cooke, Lawrence M. Sayre and Mark A. Smith
9. Orchestration of Telomeres and DNA Repair Factors in Mammalian Cells:
Implications for Cancer and Ageing
M. Prakash Hande
10. Defective Solar Protection in Xeroderma Pigmentosum and Cockayne Syndrome Patients
Colette apRhys and Daniel Judge